General Advisory and Enhanced Precautionary Measures at Mitsubishi Electric Asia
The safety and well-being of our customers and employees are of utmost importance to us. In view of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, Mitsubishi Electric Asia has stepped up and implemented the following precautionary measures to safeguard the health and well-being of all employees and visitors while ensuring the continuity of our services and operations.
- Visual screening and temperature taking are carried out for all personnel prior to entering the office building.
- Employees and visitors to our office are required to declare their health and travel history.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed at the main office lobby and service centre.
- Face masks and gloves are provided to our employees where necessary.
- More frequent cleaning of areas with high human contact, such as lifts, pantries, toilets, glass door handles, showroom, customer service counters and meeting rooms. Disinfection efforts have also been intensified.
- Employees who returned from Mainland China on and from 15 January 2020 are required to stay at home for 14 calendar days. They are to seek medical attention promptly if feeling unwell.
- A quarantine room is in place for any suspected cases to be used for isolation purposes.
Customers or visitors who may be exposed to the virus or feeling unwell are strongly advised to seek medical attention promptly. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and act accordingly in the best interests of our customers and employees.
For the latest updates by the Ministry of Health (MOH), please refer to https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19