General Information on Air Conditioners
Common Terms Used
- Fan Coil Unit (FCU) is referred to as Indoor Unit.
- Condensing Unit (CU) is referred to as Outdoor Unit.
- Refrigerant refers to the gas substance used in the refrigeration cycle.
- Compressor acts like a pump to circulate refrigerant in the air conditioning system.
How to Choose an Air Conditioner
- Before purchasing an air conditioner, check the Energy Label and the number of ticks to understand how energy efficient the unit is. The more ticks the unit has, the more cost savings you have. For more information, visit the Singapore National Environment Agency (NEA) website.
- Select the air con capacity based on recommendation by any authorized dealers such as performing a heat load calculation.
- To find out whether the installation carried out by the installer is in accordance to the manufacturing instructions, please refer to the installation manual that comes with the unit.
Basic Installation Guideline
- No intermediate joining of wires is allowed.
- Insulation thickness must be sized adequately to prevent condensation.
- Drainage pipe must also be insulated to prevent condensation.
- Restrictions on pipe length and size must be followed strictly according to manufacturing specifications.
- The height restriction between the fan coil and the condensing unit must be strictly observed.
- If unit is installed on a bracket, the drainage kit is highly recommended to be installed to prevent condensate water from dripping to lower floors.
- The entire air con system must be evacuated thoroughly after installation.
- A test run is to be conducted to ensure the fan coil units are in normal working condition.
How to Maintain Your Air Conditioner
The life span will be shortened if the unit is not serviced periodically. This is because the built up of dirt and contaminant on the cooling coil/blower will affect the unit’s performance and cooling efficiency.
Hence, regular servicing conducted on a quarterly basis will improve its operational efficiency and cooling performance, minimizes water leakage related issues, improve life span and best of all, cost savings on your electrical bills.
While DIY cleaning extends and improves the product efficiency and reliability, professional regular maintenance and system checking is necessary and you should consult the dealers who had installed the product for you on their regular maintenance package that you can sign up.
Visit this You Tube link Mitsubishi Electric - Cleaning your Aircon within 15 minutes on how to maintain your air conditioner.
Generally, the scope of servicing includes:
- Washing of the front panel, air filter, drain pan and line flow fan
- Clean the dirt from the cooling coil (heat exchanger)
- Vacuum the drainage pipe thoroughly
- Check the operating condition and temperature of the air conditioning systems
With regular maintenance done on your inverter air conditioners, you might like to find out your estimated monthly electrical consumption:
Monthly Electrical Consumption
To calculate your monthly electrical consumption, use the formula below to calculate:
Input (kW) X No. of hours used X No. of days per month X Current Utility Rate
In order for us to serve you better, we appreciate that our valued customers can provide us with these details to help you secure a service appointment.
- Guarantee Information (Guarantee No/Model No/Serial No)
- Error Code if applicable
- Number of blinks if applicable
24/7 SMS Service (For Technical Personnel Use)
To find out what the error codes mean on the remote controllers, enter your 4 digit error codes and send to 9113 0308.
For other technical information, please navigate through the Main Menu of the SMS service.